Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Valencia cont....


Okay, I'm back from the architecture thing that was actually an opening for the World Press 2006 photos and was kind of interesting. A Canadian actually won the contest so if you want to check it out I'm sure you can ask the oracle! Anyway...back to Valencia. Demitri and I spent the day walking around the old city and then made our way back to the hostel to go on a run in the old river bed. The river had been flooding the city and it was decided that they would divert the river around the city and fill it in with a motorway or a park. Thankfully, they opted for the park now there is a huge greenspace that everyone can use. That night we went on a pub crawl with our hostel....nuff said. They next day we scouted out the market. Here I am eyeing up some fresh figs! It is aparently the largest covered market in Europe, but you know how people like to toot their own horn! After that we slept in the park for an hour or so and then made our way down the old river bed and found some climbing holds on one of the bridges and decided to boulder for awhile. Unfortunately running shoes don't keep you on the wall very long!

After we walked to Gulliver's park which is a big playground of slides all over Gulliver's body. I can't really describe it, but it was fun. Maybe the picture will help?!? Please visit it if you find yourself wandering around Valencia.

Next we were off to entertain Demitri with some architecture by Calatrava. He build the science centre, imax, and the art museum, which are all partially visible in this photo. Pretty space age to say the least and absolutely stunning on a brilliant blue day like the one we had. Sunday we just visited museums and such and took the train back to Barcelona.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andi!
I'm liking the bangs! I've just been enjoying reading about your adventures in sunny places (jealous!) All your architecture pics are very cool. Sounds like you are both doing really well. How's the Spanish coming? I'm happy that you're coming to visit!
See you soon :)
Julie

katevp-a said...

ANDI!!!

We are wedding day twins!

I am glad to see you have a blog, and bangs, and are doing well.

love katevp...er... katea

Anonymous said...

Hi Andi,

I followed a link from a comment on Julianne's blog to find you! How exciting to see you travelling the world and seeing lovely things! I'll be checking back often. Glad to see you are doing well!

Carla D.

Anonymous said...

When I was in Spain last, many moons ago, I had a good time. And as I boarded the plane, I turned around for one last glimpse of the beautiful land which I had imbibed to the point of intoxication. The sun shone bright despite its slow descent and made me squint. But, and I shall never forget this, there you were and you were chasing a pig.