Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An evening with AG...for $150


So I spent last night listening to Al Gore present his "inconvenient truth" about global warming live at the Jack Singer Concert Hall in Calgary. It was essentially exactly like the film with a few more Canadian twists. I was pretty pissed off that I spent $150 to see what I had already watched on a free movie pass, then I remembered I got the ticket for the live show free too...phew, thanks U of C. Fortunately, there are enough people in Calgary that will only listen to the Climate Change debate if it costs them $150. The show was sold out. It must be important if it's that expensive...right? Well, the anti-global warming protesters outside didn't think so....(I couldn't find actual Calgary protesters but you get the idea!). Please read the book or see the film if you haven't already http://www.climatecrisis.net/ I think it's worth it:)

No comments: